To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
- Mar 23, 2017 Post Date
- 007984 Requisition #
* Manages all aspects of global compensation cycles including sales compensation, annual compensation program review, annual salary planning cycle and bonus cycles.
* Provides advice and counsel to HR business partners and senior staff on pay decisions including policy and guideline interpretation.
* Conducts research, learns best practices and provides input on recommendations on global plans and programs.
* Provides thought leadership on compensation and related topics both within the global compensation community and with internal clients.
* Deliver training to the business line and HR business partners on global compensation programs and compensation cycles including compensation system.
* Participates in the design, development and implementation of initiatives and programs that enhance Akamai’s ability to attract, motivate and retain talent at all levels of the organization.
* Leads annual market analysis and make recommendations to support salary ranges and annual budget requests.
* Perform ad hoc analysis and planning to continuously improve our global compensation programs and processes.
* Thoroughly understands and responds to inquiries regarding wage and hour law and our compensation programs and processes.
About the Team
This position will report to the Director of Global Compensation and work with a cross-functional team including HR colleagues and organizational leaders.
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent or
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree or
* 5 years of relevant experience and a PhD
* 5+ years of relevant compensation experience.
* Experience with Microsoft Excel and HR systems
* Strong interest in analyzing data and able to synthesize large data sets to form recommendations.
* Able to work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, manage details and deliver results in an environment with competing demands.
* Strong interpersonal and influence skills.
* Ability to interact with all levels of employees with a focus on customer service.
* Experience working with Oracle is a plus.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.