To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Dev QA Manager
- Feb 15, 2017 Post Date
- 007438 Requisition #
About the Position
As the Manager Software Development Engineer in Test in Media Cloud Engineering, you will provide management oversight, strategy planning and directly manage a team of Software Development Engineers in Test. This role is a QA Engineering management expert, who has experience with all phases of the SDLC, solid management and mentoring experience, strong relationship building and the ability to take the QA Engineering team to the next level. You will work directly with Akamai’s Architecture, Development and Product Management teams. You and your team will be responsible for the required testing phases and certification of your assigned applications. You must display the required management experience to oversee an in-depth understanding of new trends and technologies related to applications and systems testing, and will contribute to the company’s Quality Engineering strategy. A strong passion for Software Testing is required. Experience Managing a team of 6 to 8 direct reports is preferred.
About the Team
The Akamai Media division is responsible for all the software used to prepare, deliver, download, store and manage digital media and other content via the Akamai network. You will be part of a highly skilled engineering team responsible for creating software that runs on Akamai's world-wide network, one of the largest distributed systems in the world. Based in San Diego, the Media Cloud engineering team focuses on strategic products that provide media solutions for our customers, including encoding/transcoding of media in the cloud.
* Recruit, mentor, retain and lead a team of talented Software Development Engineers in Test to their full potential
* Communicate clearly and openly with internal and external stakeholders regarding progress, roadblocks and timelines
* Inspire SDET’s to work effectively, leading by example and keeping enthusiasm high in tight-deadline situations
* Oversee technical scoping and design of projects to ensure that projects deliver the expected value on time and with high quality
* Handle day-to-day management tasks such as performance reviews, managing time off, recruiting and project coordination
* Work closely with management to identify risks, solve problems and maintain progress
* Provide management with reports/metrics to display transparency into testing progress, automation summaries and release readiness
* Research and stay current on Quality Engineering Testing trends as the industry evolves
* Act as a role model for other Managers, SDET
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects and cultivate an environment of high performance
* Bachelor's degree combined with 4+ years of relevant experience
* 5+ years of combined Quality Engineering and/or Software Development experience
* 5+ years of experience with various Software Development methodologies with a strong focus towards Agile/Scrum
* 2+ years of experience with Test Automation tools/Frameworks
* 2+ years of Management experience w/in QA
* 2+ years of experience with Python or similar scripting languages
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and team focused environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to collaborate and work well with others at all levels in the organization
* Must be self-directed and detail oriented
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, motivational, creative, and confident
* Understanding of internet protocols, including HTTP, TCP and DNS
* Experience with NoSQL databases.
* Experience testing multi-threaded, distributed computing solutions
* Proven ability to multi-task with a focus on tracking, results and reporting
*Is relocation available for this position: No
*Is US Citizenship required: No
*Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.