To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Financial Analyst II – Corporate Forecasting, Planning & Analysis
- Apr 07, 2017 Post Date
- 008296 Requisition #
The Financial Analyst II will be a member of the Corporate FP&A team based at Akamai headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will work closely with senior leaders across the Finance and Legal Organizations to perform the role of key business partner. Key activities include focusing on headcount and operating expense budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis, business and financial metrics, and other ad-hoc projects as needed. As a key member of the Corporate Finance team, this person will also play a key role in helping to support, evolve, and improve our core Corporate FP&A activities including monthly management reporting, BOD reporting, coordination of forecast and close activities, etc., in a fast paced, highly analytical, dynamic environment. He/she will be expected to bring superior analysis and value-add support by bringing creativity and enthusiasm to the role, while drawing upon past experiences.
- Perform the role of key business partner to leaders of both the Finance and Legal Organizations by providing financial and operational analysis and guidance to assist them in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Develop the bottoms-up annual expense operating plan, 3 Yr. strategic plan, resource planning analysis, and quarterly forecast updates consistent with corporate guidance.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting of monthly results and analysis of key variances, business drivers, metrics, and trends.
- Actively partner with Management and other staff from the organizations to refine or establish effective processes and tools to better support their financial management.
- Identify trends that may signal risks and opportunities and provide relevant recommendations.
- Support on-going core Corporate FP&A activities including monthly management reporting, BOD reporting, coordination of forecast and close activities, etc.
- Collaboratively work with the global accounting team to ensure proper expenses recognition while at the same time ensuring compliance with internal controls.
- Work effectively with all members of the organization in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met and deliverables produced.
- Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative, define better processes, work with minimal daily direction, and prioritize time to deliver accurate results in a timely manner.
About the Team
Required Education and ExperienceApplicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree
- Relevant experience and a PhD
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a financial analysis
- 2+ years with deliverables to senior leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Prior experience in divisional/corporate FP&A preferred.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- “Self-starter” with the ability to self-motivate in a fast paced, deadline driven, environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide analysis supported by relevant data.
- Hands-on experience with large amounts of data and ability to multi-task.
- Strong drive for results, ability to handle ambiguity and cross-functional team dynamics.
- Hyperion Essbase or Planning experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and influence others at all levels of the Organization.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to address both strategic and detailed operational issues.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.