To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Fullstack Java Developer - LUNA
- Mar 15, 2017 Post Date
- 006395 Requisition #
As a Software Engineer you will be focused on building highly usable, reliable, and scalable software solutions that will be at the forefront of handling customer engagements within the company. As an Engineer you will create sophisticated implementations on both the client and server sides focusing primarily on developing software the right way to maximize efficiency within the SDLC through automation. Delivery and Deployment is a critical part of Akamai's ability to deliver high quality software incrementally and continuously.
• Full-stack software development of Web Applications and Services: front-end and back-end
• Design and develop web based applications which will be utilized by Akamai’s customers.
• Solving complex problems in a timely and accurate manner.
• Execute in a multi-disciplined environment in tight collaboration with other engineering teams, QA, OPS, product management, and technical writers.
About the Team
Luna is Akamai’s face to our users on the Web. It provides a full range of tools, including analytics, configuration management, web services, training, support, and billing for our customers to manage their accounts online. The Luna team is responsible for the software infrastructure, development, look and feel and technical evolution of the Luna Control Center.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
• 2+ years of web application and services development experience, including use of:
• Java and Java Enterprise Edition (Java 8)
• Relational databases such as Oracle
• Web services such as REST
• Linux/Unix environments
• Java/Web application design patterns and frameworks, such as MVC, Spring or Hibernate
• Experience working with Internet protocols and concepts (IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS)
• Ability to deploy, support, debug complex applications
• Ability to design and develop unit tests
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies and best practices
• Desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic, team environment
• Passion to understand, learn and use new technologies
• Can-do, positive attitude
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with a modern front-end application framework such as Angular.js
• Experience with use of REST principles and patterns
• Experience with message broker software like RabbitMQ
• Experience with Scala, Groovy
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.