To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Major Account Executive
- Apr 19, 2017 Post Date
- 008331 Requisition #
As a Major Account Executive you will be responsible for:
• Acquisition of new customers in the Enterprise industry (i.e. manufacturing, pharma, automotive) in Thailand and Malaysia.
• Foster and develop existing client and prospect relationships and usage in order to drive new customer acquisitions and upgrade existing customers
• The complete sales cycle - from lead generation, renewals to deal closures by creating the demand within your region across all assigned business verticals and assigned accounts
Web Division: The Web Division is responsible for the creation and sale of Akamai services aimed at providing instant and secure access to all Web sites and applications for users everywhere, on all devices, and across all networks. The Web Division includes the core functions of engineering, product development, product management, sales, channels and product marketing. This team develops and sells market-leading services in the areas of mobile & web performance, API and image management, DDoS mitigation, Bot management, and cloud security intelligence.
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5-6 years of relevant experience in the Enterprise industry
* 3-4 years experience within the Asean region
* Minimum: 4 year successful sales experience
* Proven Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual quotas of 3 million and higher through direct field sales.
* High ethics, integrity, and personal drive.
* Strong knowledge of Internet and telecommunications concepts and demonstrate the ability to discuss them with intelligence and conviction.
* Formal sales training and understanding of: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training or other metrologies.
* Experience with Account Mapping and preparing comprehensive overviews of existing and future business.
* Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of Internet industry-related contacts preferably within the Asean region and desirably within the Thailand and Malaysia markets.
* Strong background in Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
* 2-3 years of selling within the security or networking sector is desired.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.