To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Network Implementation Manager
- Apr 13, 2017 Post Date
- 008116 Requisition #
As a Network Implementation Manager, it will be your responsibility to manage deployment projects through their implementation life cycle and to manage & track our collocation resources to ensure we can maximize the utilization of those resources. In this role, you will coordinate and drive the efforts of a cross-functional team involving Account Teams, Engineers, and other Operations entities to achieve challenging network goals in the areas of cost efficiencies while facing impressive growth targets. In addition, you will also work with ISP and Colocation Vendors and Partners to place and track orders to add, move, or reconfigure Akamai deployments across the globe.
As a Network Implementation Manager you will be responsible to:
* Drive and manage deployment projects through completion, providing reports and status as necessary.
* Interface with colocation vendors and internet service providers (ISPs), Account Managers, Network Infrastructure Engineers, and Logistics Coordinators to manage and move forward deployment projects.
* Manage colo resources and the associated projects for a set of geographic territories and becoming the site expert and day-to-day coordinator for projects in that territory.
* Contribute and participate in projects to improve internal processes.
* Track circuit, rack, IP, and power data in Akamai databases and maintain accurate datacenter- specific information.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in configuration management or service provisioning at a company in any of the following industries: IT, provider of telecom services, internet services or datacenter services.
* Minimum of 2 years of project management experience in a fast paced environment managing a large number of parallel projects.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Proven leadership and organizational skills.
* Ability to manage competing priorities and set them correctly based on the needs of the business.
* Strong coordination and multitasking skills; positive, goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate internal and external dependencies, and bring about project closure.
* Self-directed, self-motivated and takes initiative.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and member of a cross-functional team.
* Constantly seeking areas for improvement in the way we do things.
* Multi-lingual skills a definite plus.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.