To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Engagement Manager - High Tech
- Feb 08, 2017 Post Date
- 007510 Requisition #
The Engagement Manager II is focused on our most strategic customers. The function’s goal is to maximize customer satisfaction, retention, and growth throughout the relationship. In this role, you will use your background in technical pre-sales, program management and service delivery to help evolve our customer’s cloud strategies, moving them from concept to implementation that best leverages both the customer’s and Akamai’s strengths. You will drive business value, innovation, develop strong customer relationships, along with a deep understanding of the customer’s business models.
* Serve as the central point of contact for the customer, expand client relationships, oversee integrated account team execution, and ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Work independently or lead small technical teams with Akamai customers/resellers to evaluate the customer’s web architecture and deliver the appropriate integration solution.
* Accountable for customer implementation portfolio, including architecture design, portfolio planning and throughput, creation and maintenance of operational controls and tracking metrics and deliverables.
* Participate in operational issues related to specific engagements, including billings, expenses, staffing, utilization management, among other client facing activities.
* Work closely with direct sales to educate customers on Akamai's services and solutions - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
* Strategic development and technical management of customer environment.
* Create and expand the customer relationship through exploration of the customer’s business.
* Exploration of the customer’s business and education of Akamai’s portfolio and roadmap.
* 25-50% travel required.
About the Team
Engagement Managers are part of Akamai’s Global Services & Support team, working with Sales, Technical Support, Business Support and Professional Services to deliver high value Akamai services to our premier customers.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* Minimum 5 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science other related technical field or equivalent IT industry experience or
* Minimum 3 years of experience with a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science other related technical field or equivalent IT industry experience.
* Minimum of 3 years experience with delivering consulting services, including involvement in selling services or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 3 years experience with enterprise level project management experience (SOWs, contract management, risk management, staffing) or equivalent experience
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in one or more web development languages, methodologies, or architectures including protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP
* MBA or Advanced Degree strongly preferred.
* Detailed knowledge and experience of web performance , web security, application analytics, including technologies such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, etc.
* A proven track record demonstrating busienss accumen, business management, an ability to make decisions along with a passion for excellence
* Experience with products and processes related to B2B application architectures, operations service models, and application security.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business related subjects to all audiences, from the user to the executive level.
* Demonstrated success developing client relationships.
* Must be able to work independently as part of a remote team.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.