To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Premium Escalation Manager
- Mar 20, 2017 Post Date
- 006117 Requisition #
The Premium Escalation Manager (PEM) will be responsible for the management and support of Premium customer escalations and service incidents, through to successful completion and user satisfaction. In this capacity, you will work to ensure proper priority is given to visible issues depending upon customer need or circumstances. You will work independently and as part of a team to actively manage the monitoring and resolution of support cases, with focus on customers’ ability to resume normal operations quickly with a minimum of disruptions.
The PEM owns the resolution responsibility, coordinating Support Engineers and Platform/ PDG team members who resolve issues or “Incidents.” During a high severity crisis situation, the PEM directs the troubleshooting activities to gather specifics on the impact and nature of the situation, provides on-going updates to internal teams and customers on the progress to resolution, drives the completion of RCA (Root Cause Analysis) document and initiates escalations to Senior Management and/or other groups where appropriate.
The PEM will act as an escalation contact for on-call Support Engineers and will work closely with Support management, and applicable Platform / PDG team members to escalate issues that cannot be resolved in a reasonable amount of time. The PEM is responsible for coordinating post mortems, communicates resulting action and provides constructive feedback to management team for process improvement. Responsibilities also include monitoring tickets for accuracy to ensure procedures are followed and providing work logs and ticket summaries to team leads to assist in ensuring team compliance of SLAs.
About the Team
You will be part of the International Technical Support Organization supporting our global customers, which include many Fortune 500 corporations. You will be dealing with them on a daily basis as the primary interface in supporting the technical aspects of Akamai network services and applications they use.
• Monitor case queues and work with the team to ensure escalated cases are worked within the required SLA’s and customer requirements.
• Facilitate and lead resolution of complex problems. Escalation contact for Support Engineers, internal departments, and customers for technical issues.
* Direct the troubleshooting activities and engage other functions as required.
* Drive internal and external communication to ensure on-going updates on resolution process.
• Collaborate with Technical Support Line managers to share responsibility for customer escalations and prioritize allocation of resources based on escalation priorities and customer temperature.
• Drive Problem Prevention - Some issues may require long-term management, due to repeated or systemic problems. Work closely with problem management team to drive issues to closure.
• Responsibility for one or more accounts that require long-term technical escalation management. Follow up on Customer Satisfaction issues as reported.
• Identify possible product/service quality issues affecting customers and bring them to the attention of the Problem managers.
• Drive continuous Support Improvement and Improve Problem Resolution times.
• Participation in escalation review meetings and post mortems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field) or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years of overall support experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Internet technologies/protocols, including DNS, TCP/IP and HTTP/HTTPS.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in system support, with a minimum of 1 year of experience in incident management.
• ITIL Certification
• Masters/PhD preferred.
• Proven leadership skills within a customer support organization.
• Good knowledge of HTTP, DNS, network routing, and common network protocols (TCP/IP) and tools (ping, traceroute).
• Strong analytical skills and technical writing skills; excellent communicator who can disseminate information in a clear manner to both business and technical audiences.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.