To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Senior Compensation Specialist
- Apr 19, 2017 Post Date
- 007961 Requisition #
* Provides support and administration of global compensation program including sales compensation, annual compensation program review, annual salary planning cycle, and bonus cycles.
* Performs job evaluations, conducts external bench marking of roles, and recommends grade assignments.
* Conducts research, learns best practices and provides input on recommendations on global plans and programs.
* Participates Akamai’s global compensation planning programs (annual salary adjustments, annual bonus and equity) by providing system support as needed.
* Provides advice and counsel to HR and pay decisions including policy and guideline interpretation.
* Participates in compensation surveys.
* Participates in annual market analysis and make recommendations to support salary ranges and annual budget requests.
* Provides ongoing support and guidance to HR business partners on compensation related issues.
* Thoroughly understands and responds to inquiries regarding wage and hour law and our compensation programs and processes.
* Performs ad hoc analysis and planning to continuously improve our global compensation programs and processes.
* Participates in global compensation projects and initiatives as necessary.
About the Team
This position will report to the Director of Global Compensation and work with a cross-functional global team including HR colleagues and organizational leaders.
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent or
* 6 Relevant experience and a Master’s degree
* Minimum 8 years of relevant compensation experience.
* Minimum 3 years of Excel experience.
* Strong verbal and written communication.
* Compensation experience preferred.
* Sales compensation experience a bonus.
* Strong interest in analyzing data and able to synthesize large data sets to form recommendations.
* Able to work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, manage details and deliver results in an environment with competing demands.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to interact with all levels of employees with a focus on customer service.
* Experience working with Oracle is a plus.
* Global compensation experience a plus.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.