To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Senior Internal Auditor
- Apr 13, 2017 Post Date
- 008178 Requisition #
About the Job
We are searching for a Senior Internal Auditor with solid business and accounting acumen who has the ability and appetite to grapple with issues of varying complexity in order to identify risks and opportunities for an organization that is the market leader in a high growth cutting edge technology industry. This position will report directly to the Internal Audit Senior Manager and offers exposure to a great variety of work within a dynamic company, a flexible working environment, and opportunities for career progression.
About the Team
The Internal Audit Department was established in 2006 and reports to the Audit Committee of Akamai’s Board of Directors. The Department’s charter is to systematically evaluate and recommend improvements for effectiveness of risk management, control, operational, and governance processes enabling management to be more effective in meeting its business objectives.
The Department consists of nine full time professionals and also utilizes outside consulting firms for various audit activities. Travel is 0-5%.
- This is a “hands-on” role where the auditor will perform a wide variety of financial, operational, compliance and other specialty risk-based internal audits, as scheduled in the annual plan.
- Responsibilities include audit planning, fieldwork, documenting testing in workpapers, and drafting Internal Audit findings and recommendations in reports.
- The auditor will execute their work in compliance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors, and Akamai’s policies and control procedures.
- The auditor will also participate in the annual risk assessment process and may be required to perform special assignments.
- Minimum of 6 years of internal or external audit experience, or similar experience testing or improving processes/controls.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or related field.
- CIA or CPA credentials, or equivalent process/controls qualifications.
- Prefer experience within internal audit departments, and/or experience performing internal audit/advisory/consulting work at Big 4 or national consulting firms.
- Proficient use of MSWord, Excel, Visio and audit software.
- Ability to understand and to work within a complex technology environment.
- Experience in diagnosing process or control weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Project management and time management skills: Able to plan, scope, set requirements, schedule, execute and document audit effort and results with minimal supervision.
- Objectivity and impartiality in performing assignments.
- Strong analytical skills to identify significant problems and opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to document audit results in formal reports.
- Work effectively with others, including external auditors.
- Approaches work in a methodical fact-based manner.
- Knowledge of data analysis software or techniques is a plus.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.