To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Senior Lead Software Engineer - Installsuite
- Jan 31, 2017 Post Date
- 004910 Requisition #
Akamai's Syscomm Platform Engineering team is looking for a talented engineer to lead our Installsuite and Service Control team. Your team will be responsible for developing critical software components that form the foundation of Akamai’s globally-distributed platform.
Our software allows engineers across the company to customize nearly any aspect of core system configuration. Through our API environment, engineers can provide and consume a wealth of proprietary and open-source technologies. Using these capabilities, product groups across the company are able to rapidly build sophisticated, highly-integrated systems that operate at scale with the level of security and reliability our customers have come to expect.
In addition to successful leadership experience, the ideal candidate has a strong linux background and is highly motivated to design and develop innovative solutions in Perl, Python and SQL. This engineer should take pride in writing maintainable and highly reliable code. This person should be able to understand the big picture of the system and be able to solve complicated problems within that system. This person will work closely with other engineers at the company and should be able to conduct design and code reviews.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
* Designing and developing next-generation capabilities for installing and controlling Akamai services.
* Designing and developing enhancements to existing install and service control interfaces.
* Overseeing support activities. Providing architectural guidance to user community.
* Planning projects, overseeing work, providing guidance, performing code reviews, and developing talent.
* Working to understand, explain and improve complicated code bases.
* Working with our development QA and system QA teams to come up with regression tests that cover new changes to our software.
About the Team:
System Communications is a team of engineers who develop distributed systems that support Akamai's global network. composed of over 216,000 servers, 1500 networks, and 120 countries. In general, these systems operate behind the scenes to provide the fault-tolerant and highly scalable core of Akamai's configuration and health monitoring systems. In this case, the engineer will work on Akamai's core installation and service control systems that manage the configuration of Akamai's distributed network.
Required Education and Experience:
* 8+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent or
* 5+ years of relevant experience and a Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent or
* 3+ years of relevant experience and a PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
* 8+ years of experience with Perl, Python or C++ on Linux or a Unix based OS.
* 8+ years of experience working with Linux OS and System Internals.
* 5+ years of strong expertise with building scalable servers or distributed systems
* 3+ years of experience as a hands-on technical leader..
* Solid understanding of internet protocol basics including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS.
* Experience developing interfaces for broad internal consumption.
* Experience developing server configuration and/or management systems.
* Experience developing distributed systems.
* Experience with databases and SQL
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.