To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Feb 17, 2017 Post Date
- 006802 Requisition #
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test with an unwavering passion for excellence in System Software Quality Engineering, proven skills and experience to transform that passion into continuous improvement and consistent excellence in release validation. The candidate will partner with Developers, Dev QA and other SQA Engineers to help define, implement and improve the system-wide validation and verification of our Security Products. Responsibilities include mentoring talented DevQA/SQA Engineers, Developing System-level test strategy, test plans, creating, enhancing and executing manual system tests and automated system tests written in Java and Python. This individual will be faced with Complex Software automation and verification challenges and opportunities, with a mission to release high quality application/system software that is highly resilient and optimally performing on very large distributed networks.
* Oversee technical scoping and design of projects, ensuring projects deliver the expected value on time with high quality
* Perform manual and automated Functional, Performance and End to End System tests for Akamai’s Security Products with strong focus on automation
* Contribute to System test methodologies, test plans and highly effective test automation
* Create, deploy and maintain automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios
* Review bug descriptions, functional requirements and design documents, incorporating this information into test plans and test cases
About the Team
Our team is part of the Cloud Security organization, which has responsibility for the technologies that power Security Products. These include Kona Site Defender, Bot Management, Web Application Firewall and Siteshield. These provide protection from both DDoS and application specific web attacks with high availability.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or its equivalent or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree Computer Science or
* 1 year of relevant experience and a PhD Computer Science
* 5+ years of software quality and/or development engineering experience
* 5+ years of experience in Server-side test automation development engineering
* 3+ years of hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System
* Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated and very flexible
* Excellent Communication and Influence Skills
*Familiarity with software security weakness, vulnerability and secure code review
*Familiarity with software attack and exploitation techniques
* Strong troubleshooting and Analytical Skills, attention to detail and Excellent Problem Solving/troubleshooting skills
*Experience with distributed systems or equivalent technological experience
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.