To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Software Engineer - Big Data (7PB/day)
- Feb 16, 2017 Post Date
- 005532 Requisition #
* Create new features from scratch, enhance existing features.
* Work in all stages of software engineering, from conception and design through development, testing and deployment.
* Work on projects that make our network more stable, faster, and secure.
* Write automated regression tests that cover new changes to our software.
* Work with our 3rd level engineering support to troubleshoot complex problems our network for our customers.
* Develop skills to become an expert user of internal systems
* Provide support to other engineering groups who use our software
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of experience with C/C++, Java, Scala, Python, Perl on Linux or a Unix based OS.
* 5+ years of experience working with Internet protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL
* 5+ years of strong expertise with building scalable distributed systems.
* Masters in Computer Science or related field.
* Deep understanding of Linux
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated.
* Experience with Kafka, Apache Spark, Zoo Keeper, Cassandra
* Experience with IOT (MQTT)
* Experience with Big Data, Cloud Application Development
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience with operating system internals and distributed systems.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.