About the Job
Akamai's System Communications (Syscomm) team is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Syscomm Security Engineering team extension in Krakow. You will work with a team of engineers responsible for developing and managing critical security authentication and authorization systems used across the Akamai platform. This team develops systems within Akamai's core Internet infrastructure, writing software that runs and secures one of the largest distributed systems in the world. Our systems encompass many areas of network security including authentication, authorization, data security, secure programming, intrusion detection, and applied cryptography.
The ideal candidate has a strong Linux background and is highly motivated to both design and develop innovative solutions using Python or Perl or Java and SQL. The candidate should be familiar with secure programming concepts, possess strong networking fundamentals and has experience with network socket programming, takes pride in designing and developing maintainable and highly reliable code, and is effective supporting software as a highly available service. This person should understand the high-level picture of system integration and can solve complicated problems within that environment. The candidate will be part of implementing, designing, developing, and delivering the next generation of Akamai’s key management infrastructure (KMI), network access, and data transport technologies. The candidate must communicate effectively and interact well with other engineers of other disciplines such as DevOps, SQA, system administration, and management.
About the Team
The System Communications (SysComm) Security team is comprised engineers who develop distributed systems that support and secure Akamai's global network. Our systems operate behind the scenes to provide the fault-tolerant and highly scalable core of Akamai's data security, server integrity, network access, and secure communications infrastructure.
* Develop software that improves the security, stability, speed, and scalability of our software services
* Design, implement, and maintain both new and existing software features/interfaces
* Understand, explain, simplify, and improve complicated code bases
* Conduct code and design reviews with peers
* Interact with development, architecture, quality assurance, and support teams throughout the software lifecycle
* Work with Dev/QA teams to develop unit tests and improve system regression test coverage
* Interact with system operations and network operation engineers to troubleshoot complex problems affecting our services
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
* + years of experience with Python, or Perl, or Java
* 5+ years of development experience in Linux or *BSD OS environments
* 3+ years developing secure applications
* 3+ years of experience working with Internet protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and TLS/SSL.
* 3+ years of experience with databases and SQL
* 3+ years of expertise building scalable systems in distributed environments
* Fluency in English
* Masters or Ph.D in Computer Science or related field with a focus on networking, distributed systems, system architecture, or security
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code.
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
* Extensive experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience developing secure applications, working with security architectures/libraries, and integrating with technologies such as GPG, SSL, SSH, PKI
* Experience creating and supporting RESTful APIs and infrastructure tools and libraries