To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Senior Software Engineer - SysComm Platform Cloud Services
- Mar 17, 2017 Post Date
- 007947 Requisition #
Akamai's System Communications team is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join the Platform Cloud Services development team. This engineer will be involved with the design, implementation and maintenance of a highly available distributed Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Data as a Service (DaaS).
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
* Design new features and systems from scratch, enhance existing features and optimize existing functionality, from conception and design through testing and deployment
* Work on projects that make our systems more stable, scalable, faster and secure
* Work to understand, explain and improve complicated code bases
* Design and maintain interfaces to the system and support tools
* Assist with the development of system and unit tests
About the Team:
System Communications is a team of engineers who develop distributed systems that support Akamai's global network. These systems operate behind the scenes to provide the fault-tolerant and highly-scalable core of Akamai's configuration and health monitoring systems.
Required Education and Experience:
* 5+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent or
* 3+ years of relevant experience and a Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent or
* Relevant professional experience
* 5+ years expertise with building scalable servers or distributed systems
* 5+ years development experience on Linux/ Unix platforms
* 5+ years experience with programming in Python or Java
* 3+ years experience working with Internet protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as Docker, LXC, and virtual machines highly preferred.
* Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Apache Cassandra, and GNU make preferred but not required.
* Familiarity with Angular, CSS, NodeJS, WSGI, and Apache WebServer preferred but not required.
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code.
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
* Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.