To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Senior Solutions Engineer
- Jan 05, 2017 Post Date
- 006269 Requisition #
About the Team
The Web Division is responsible for the creation and sale of Akamai services aimed at providing instant and secure access to all Web sites and applications for users everywhere, on all devices, and across all networks. The Web Division includes the core functions of engineering, product development, product management, sales, channels and product marketing. This team develops and sells market-leading services in the areas of mobile & web performance, API and image management, DDoS mitigation, Bot management, and cloud security intelligence.
About the job
Solutions Engineers are experienced sales engineering professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective Akamai customers. A Solution Engineer is self directed, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing the customer technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities within Akamai.
- Drive revenues by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizing Akamai's technology to existing and prospective customers, and to drive new product and service offerings in both Customer adoption and Akamai Development
- Partner with direct sales and Executive Sponsors to educate existing and prospective customers about the superiority of Akamai's services - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
- Engage and oversee in the development of customer proposals, design and delivery, ensuring all expertise, information and recommendations are concisely defined, while meeting Akamai quality control standards.
- Support and educate Sales, Marketing and other internal departments to ensure that customers get appropriate updates, upgrades and event-oriented solutions.
- Show high standards of leadership - actively developing and mentoring less senior staff within Solutions Engineering, Sales and the larger Service & Support organization.
- Work closely with Product Management and associated teams to develop future product direction and strategy - providing valuable input from the field.
- Drive excellent Customer Satisfaction by understanding and over-delivering against Customer expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information System or relevant field.
- 8+ years of overall experience in IT industry or 6+ years of experience plus a Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
- 8+years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design
- Technical programming background - J2EE, .NET, Web Services, Web Architecture Design
- Security Certifications and/or IT security experience is a plus
- Experience with hosting or developing Internet delivered applications, managed security services, enterprise and data center networks, caching proxies, and load balancing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business related subjects to all audiences.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.