To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Senior Solutions Engineer (Media)
- Mar 19, 2017 Post Date
- 005324 Requisition #
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information System or relevant field.
● Minimum 5 years of overall experience in streaming/online media/IT industry - working with Internet technologies.
● Minimum 3 years of experience in consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
● Knowledge of Internet video streaming/distribution and solutions in Programming, cable, Telco, IPTV, Satellite, and Broadband TV network environments.
● Experience working with streaming media formats such as HLS, HDS or DASH
● Experience working with transcoding of video and audio, codecs such as H.264 and H.265, as well as image manipulation and compression technologies.
● Strong background in Internet Technologies, such as HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, web architectures, browser/client technologies, media streaming (Video/Audio) and Content
● Knowledge and/or hands on experience of web application development, API, scripting, web analytics and/or security a plus.
● Possess excellent technical aptitude and a desire to learn constantly.
● Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and business stakeholders.
● Must have experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships.
● A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, an ability to make decisions and a passion for excellence
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.