To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Software Development Engineer in Test..
- Mar 17, 2017 Post Date
- 007766 Requisition #
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test with an unwavering passion for excellence in Software Quality Engineering and drive to transform that passion into consistent excellence in product validation. The candidate will partner with Product Architects, Developers, and other QA Engineers to help define and implement functional and system-level test strategy to validate and verify features that power Akamai’s Web Application Firewall and other security products. Other responsibilities include enhancing and maintaining test automation frameworks, maintenance and execution of release regression suites etc. Qualified candidates will show an aptitude for discovering software/security issues/bugs, will enjoy and excel in solving complex automation problems with a mission to release high quality software that is resilient and optimally performing on Akamai’s large distributed networks.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will:
* Develop comprehensive test plans and automation for state of the art security products which requires thorough study and understanding of various security features
* Oversee design of security features, technical scoping ensuring that features deliver the expected functionality with high quality
* Create and maintain automated functional and system tests to replicate complex real-world scenarios
* Review functional requirements, design documents, implementation notes and incorporate this information into test strategies
About the Team
Our team is part of the Cloud Security organization, which has responsibility for the technologies that power Security Products. These include Kona Site Defender, Bot Management, Web Application Firewall and Siteshield. These provide protection from both DDoS and application specific web attacks with high availability. Akamai’s global footprint of over 200,000 servers provides an overlay network with scale and capacity to not just deliver the largest web events but also secure the largest Internet brands from attack. The team builds and extends Akamai’s highly fault-tolerant wide area distributed content delivery and application acceleration systems to improve performance, security, reliability and availability of high value web sites. Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers, with over $100 billion in annual revenue.
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or its equivalent or
* Master’s degree in Computer science or its equivalent.
* 2 year in Perl or Python on Linux/Unix.
* 2 year with common Internet protocols (IP, TCP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS)
* 2 years in demonstrating testing acumen and discovering flaws in software applications
* 2 years in debugging software applications
* Familiarity with C++
* Experience in building test frameworks
* Experience with client-server programming
* Enjoys finding flaws in software applications and debugging
* Familiarity with Web Application Firewall or Web security
* Excellent oral and written communications skills. Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.