To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Solutions Architect II - Security
- Feb 15, 2017 Post Date
- 007621 Requisition #
Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with clients to deliver Akamai's solutions. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing, and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within a small technical team in delivering the appropriate solution to Akamai's enterprise customers. You will plan, implement, test, and deploy Akamai platform configurations to integrate with customer web sites, develop and execute test cases and scripts for customer solutions. You will consult with customers on their security posture, especially as it’s related to their web sites and applications. You will participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
* Work as a member of a cross-functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
* Own the technical components of a customer integration project including but not limited to configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
* Integrate Akamai's Solutions including Prolexic Routed, Prolexic Connect, Kona Site Defender, Web Application Firewall, FastDNS, Global Traffic Manager, Dynamic Site Accelerator, and more.
* Assess and analyze customer web applications and web traffic to help identify threats and potential vulnerabilities.
* Create and implement custom web application firewall rules and/or implement router and network configurations in order to successfully integrate or update customer solutions.
* Assist customers with DDoS and threat mitigation.
* Partner with Business Support, Sales, Engineering, SOC, Product Development and Customer Care to resolve issues that arise during customer trials, integrations, and/or post implementation support.
* Accurately scope implementation timelines for integrations.
* Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
* Review configurations with other Professional Service team members to ensure quality and accuracy to requirements.
* Serve as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the team.
* Participate on training initiatives for the team, in order to help the team grow their technical skills and soft skills.
* Participate in complex projects for the America Security Organization.
* Provide guidance to team members on complex cases.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization’s approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an on-going exercise long after go-live, Akamai Service Delivery offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer’s Internet strategy. Akamai’s Service Delivery team calls upon its Internet expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for over 5,000 Akamai customers.
The Solution Architect will focus on all Akamai customers as a member of the Global Security and Government Services team. The Global Security and Government Services team is an experienced group of security experts and Internet technologists working with top customers in the Enterprise, Finance, High-Tech, Media and Pubic Sector verticals throughout the Americas.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree
* 2 years of experience with Internet technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, and web servers, or relevant course work; and/or 2 years experience creating and delivering advanced network and security solutions (router/switch configurations, IDS/IPS, Firewall/VPN, Security Event Management, Data Loss Prevention, Web Application Protection) for key business initiatives.
* 2 years of experience with IT solution delivery experience, preferably within a consulting organization.
* Industry recognized security certifications (CISSP, CISA, CEH, etc.).
* Experience in the web application security field.
* Experience with web application firewall (WAF) concepts and technologies.
* Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts.
* Self-motivated, independent, and able to understand complex systems.
* Experience configuring Cisco and/or Juniper Routers
* Experience writing/decoding exploit, vulnerability, and attack detection signatures.
* Experience with Unix and web-related programming or scripting languages: Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting, J2EE, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, etc.
* Experience with TCP/IP network debugging with tcpdump/wireshark or similar.
* Experience with data processing, Real Time Reporting and Analytics.
* Working knowledge of the full software development life.
* Creativity, enthusiasm, and innovation.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.