To ensure all pages of the application load correctly, please use Chrome as your browser.
Solutions Engineer II
- 5 days ago Post Date
- 007658 Requisition #
Solutions Engineers are experienced sales engineering professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective Akamai customers. An SE is self-directed, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing the customer technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities within Akamai. As a Solutions Engineer you will be responsible for:
● Driving revenue and creating sales opportunities by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizing Akamai's technology to existing and prospective customers
● Design solutions for customer’s business requirements using Akamai products / modules
● Partnering with direct sales and executive sponsors to educate existing and prospective customers about the superiority of Akamai's services - this includes conference calls, online meetings, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow-up on all customer related questions
● Engaging and overseeing the development of customer proposals, design and delivery, ensuring all expertise, information and recommendations are concisely defined, while meeting Akamai quality control standards
● Working on multiple concurrent opportunities of that may vary by contract value, sales cycle and industry
● Collaborating with Sales, Marketing and other internal teams to ensure that customers get appropriate updates, upgrades and event-oriented solutions
● Respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs) and Request For Information (RFI) by providing fully-documented solutions with the required technical details
● Review proposals created by Account Executives to provide necessary input and ensure technical accuracy
● Compliance with pre-sales processes, including account activity tracking to drive business analysis and reporting
● Ability to travel, both domestic and international, 25%+ of the time
Solutions Engineering is the technical side of the field sales team, a world-class organization that strives to provide the “right” solution to our customers and prospects. Our Solutions Engineers possess the highest levels of both business and technical acumen - understanding customer business drivers; matching those to Akamai's technology, and clearly articulating complex solutions to existing and prospective customers.
Applicants must meet one of the following education
● 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree
● 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree
● Minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience in FSI/Public/Commerce/Manufacturing/General Enterprise verticals
● Minimum 2 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering or similar role delivering technical products or services
● Minimum 2 years of experience with Internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.), including an understanding of CDN and Mobile technologies
● Minimum 2 years of experience with Internet or Enterprise Security and an understanding of basic security architecture and functional elements including firewalls, DDoS protection, etc
● Proven ability to collaborate across all roles (presales, sales, post-sales, engineering) in a global, geographically distributed organization
leading certifications like CISSP, CISA, CCSP, CEH etc highly preferred
● Hands-on experience in one or more web development technologies / architectures – Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java)
● Hands on experience working with some of the security technologies and tools like IDS, IPS, Log Analysis, Encryption and VPN, Identity and Access Management, Mobile Security, Networking Scanning etc
● Experience with DevOps tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, etc
● Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management clients.
● Experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships.
● A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, an ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence.
● Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus.
● Experience working directly with customers and partners in the field
We make the Internet business ready — fast, reliable and secure. Everyone and everything is connected, and the expectations that go along with that reality present enormous challenges to the Internet. Akamai solves those challenges, optimizing and securing the performance and delivery of online content and applications. By evolving our platform and CDN services continually and through decades of Internet expertise, Akamai enables the best online experiences — those that change the way we live, work and entertain ourselves.
Be part of shaping our story—and the future of the Internet. Akamai is a growing and evolving company.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.